Fire Rock Conventional Firebox
The Fire Rock conventional firebox is a traditionally shaped fireplace.
- UL 127 compliant and UL approved for all fuels
- Four standard sizes, all with standard 32”opening height – 30”, 36”, 42”, 48” (reflects true sizes after firebox is lined with split firebrick)
- Can be used for both interior and exterior installations
- Approved for installation with Fire Rock masonry solid block chimney or any UL 103 approved prefabricated metal chimney
Other features that add to performance, appearance or both include:
- Firebox requires 1” clearance to combustibles
- Fire Rock Solid Block chimney is “zero” clearance
- Firebox may be height extended for a taller opening or to accommodate an arched front
- The firebox and chimney can support Fire Rock’s bricking flange allowing the brick or stone on the chimney to match the home
Fire Rock Vent-Free Firebox
The Fire Rock Vent-free firebox provides the beauty of a true masonry fireplace with the installation and operating convenience of a gas appliance.
- May be installed directly on a wood floor
- Requires no chimney or flue system
- An A.N.S.I. approved vent-free gas log appliance is required for use with this firebox**
- An economical alternative to a vented fireplace when space, design or cost are considerations
**Be sure the gas log appliance you choose is designated for "vent-free" operation.
Fire Rock Modified Rumford Firebox
For that classic look, Fire Rock offers a modified version of the Rumford fireplace.
- Based on their design, Rumford fireplaces reflect more heat, and have streamlined throats to eliminate turbulence and carry away the smoke with little loss of heated room air.
- The Fire Rock Modified Rumford firebox design incorporates three of the fundamental design characteristics associated with the classic Rumford:
- The opening is taller than it is wide.
- Has a radius lentil.
- The back of the firebox is straight up, with no inward angle.
- Unlike the traditional Rumford’s shallow depth and widely angled sides, the Fire Rock Modified Rumford is a full 22 1/2” deep to accommodate larger logs and gas log sets. If the customer desires the wide angled sides, the unit can easily be modified at the time of installation.
Fire Rock See-Thru Firebox
Some home plans call for a fireplace that is open on two sides, the Fire Rock See-Thru fireplace is ideal for these situations. This fireplace is cast from the same refractory material as our conventional fireboxes and uses the same zero clearance chimney, as well.
Fire Rock Outdoor Firebox
Fire Rock offers a system designed specifically for exterior applications.
- Simpler design: erects more quickly, includes some chimney components in a single package.
- May be used on an existing patio or incorporated into a new hardscape design
- Once installed, may be veneered with brick, stone, stucco, or manufactured stone to achieve your desired final look (by Master Cast or others)
- Installations under a covered roof require using one of Fire Rock’s UL 127 Conventional Fireplace Systems.
- Master Cast offers multiple levels of service for your outdoor needs:
- Material only
- Supply and installation of the Fire Rock fireplace system only
- Complete outdoor installation from patio to firebox veneer
Fire Rock Solid Block Chimney System
The Fire Rock Solid Block Chimney System is a component based system comprised of a series of six (6) inch tall interlocking blocks that may be stacked as high as your specs require. These blocks are cast with "hurricane" holes for additional strengthening by adding rebar and mortar at the corners.
- UL 127 compliant for “zero clearance” to combustibles
- No flue liner necessary
- “Nesting” feature for easy installation
- 15” diameter flue, largest round masonry flue in the industry
- Bricking flange available for brick or stone veneer above the roof
Fire Rock Bricking Flange
Fire Rock Bricking Flange is an integral part of your Fire Rock Solid Block Chimney system and provides a ledge around the chimney for stacking brick or stone in interior fireplace installations.
Height Extension Kit
Each Conventional Fire Rock firebox has an opening height of 34 ½ ". For designs that require a taller opening, Fire Rock offers the Height Extension Kit.
BEFORE: 42 in Conventional/AFTER: with height extension
For additional questions or to inquire please contact us today.
"Our firm has used Fire Rock fireboxes in our homes for many years, because we have found them unmatched in quality and performance. In fact, our clients tell us they out-perform site-built masonry products and contractors like its simple, easy-to-install design"
~William H. Harrison, AIA
Founding Principal - Harrison Design Associates